DIY Neem Face Packs for you Diwali Skincare Regime
The festive season is knocking on the doors. Diwali brings positive energy, prosperity, and a joyous occasion to celebrate light, love, and life. But it also brings the rush to get back your natural glow. So this year, let's break the orthodox pattern of using chemical cosmetics and set a natural skincare regime with the miracle herb; Neem.
Neem is one of the world's most versatile and effective ingredients and may be one of the only few elements with 140 active compounds. As a result, it has many uses, from healing wounds to beautifying skin. Neem is a fruit-bearing tree belonging to the legume family (Fabaceae) and is known for its medicinal and cosmetic uses. In Sanskrit, it's called 'shandilya', which means 'the great destroyer'. Neem has been used as a remedy for centuries by traditional healers and Ayurvedic physicians. In addition, its properties have been documented in ancient texts such as the Charaka Samhita (3rd century BCE) and Sushruta Samhita (6th century BCE).
Neem has been used for centuries to treat various skin conditions. The herb's anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce redness and swelling, while its antiseptic effects kill bacteria, which can lead to acne when left unaddressed. You can also use neem to treat eczema, psoriasis and other skin issues caused by bacteria or fungi. Neem oil is a unique product that combines the goodness of neem with essential oils such as lavender oil and tea tree oil. These two ingredients work together to soothe irritated skin, leaving it hydrated and soft. Many dermatologists suggest Neem oil for the face because it reduces skin breakouts and unclogs dirty pores. The only downside is that you have to apply it every day – but this will become second nature after a few weeks.
Benefits of neem leaves for skin:
Anti-bacterial properties: Neem oil kills germs on contact, especially those that cause acne or other skin infections. It also kills fungus and bacteria that thrive in moist areas like the armpit or groin.
Anti-microbial properties: Neem oil can help fight off microbes that cause infections, such as staphylococcus and candida, which can cause pimples and rashes on your skin. It also helps keep your hands clean while in the shower or bathtub, so you don't get scalded by hot water or soap residue if you use them after a shower.
Anti-inflammatory properties: Neem oil contains azulene, which has potent anti-inflammatory properties and works against redness and swelling associated with acne breakouts when applied topically.
DIY Neem face packs:
While using neem, you can make a paste or powder. However, to avoid the hassle, purchase some organic neem powder like Healthvit's natural neem powder for the face and skin. This chemical-free neem powder reduces wrinkles and inflammation and aids in blood purification. Here are some homemade neem face packs:
Neem and honey:
- 1 tsp Neem powder
- 2 tsp honey
- Mix the crushed leaves and the neem powder together.
- Apply it all over your face.
- Let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Stimulates collagen formation
- Heals wounds and scars
- Cleanses clogged pores
- Reverse skin ageing.
Neem and tulsi:
- 1 tsp of dried neem powder/ 8-10 leaves
- 1 tsp of tulsi powder/ 10-12 leaves
- Add some honey to the paste or powder and blend in a mortar and pestle.
- Apply the paste evenly on your skin, especially in the under-eye region.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
- Fights acne
- Reduces dark circles
- Prevent skin ageing
- Soothes skin conditions like eczema
Neem and Papaya:
- 5-10 neem leaves
- A cup of mashed papaya
- Make a neem paste and crush it well with papaya mash.
- Apply it all over your face and neck.
- Let it sit for half an hour.
- Massage for a while before washing off.
- Papaya; a mild skin exfoliator
- Boosts collagen production
- Hydrates your skin
- Rich in Vitamin A and C
- Helps remove tan
Neem and Curd (Suitable for Dry skin):
- 1 tsp neem powder
- 1 tsp curd
- Malai and rose water (optional)
- Blend the neem, and curd, and whip it to make a thick paste.
- Eventually, add 1-2 tsp of thick malai and a few drops of rose water.
- Apply this relaxing pack all over your face and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Removes tan
- Contains moisturizing properties
- Cures dry flaky skin
Neem and Aloe vera:
- 2 tsp neem powder
- 1 tsp aloe vera gel
- Dilute the neem powder properly with aloe gel.
- Spread it all over your face.
- Leave for half an hour before rinsing.
- Soothes skin rashes
- Fades scars and pigmentation
- Regulates melanin production
- Evens skin tone
- Lightens blemishes
Neem and cucumber:
- 1 tsp neem powder
- 2 tsp mashed cucumber
- Mix both ingredients to make a paste.
- Apply a thick layer on your face and neck.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Contains cooling properties
- Hydrates skin
- Reduces puffiness